Divorce Isn’t Just About Endings. We Can Help You With A New Beginning.
When you are facing a divorce, your needs must be met:
- Experience: You need a lawyer who knows the relevant laws, will be at your side the entire time and understands the stress you are under.
- Accessibility: Legal questions do not only happen during regular business hours; you deserve an attorney who is available to answer your questions and keep you abreast of any developments in your case.
- Value: You need an attorney who maintains a cost-conscious law practice, works efficiently and offers you exceptional service at a competitive price.
At the Teiger Law Center, P.C., we offer the services of an attorney with nearly 30 years of experience handling divorce cases throughout the Atlanta, Georgia, metro area.
We Can Be Your Guide Through Georgia Divorce Law
Georgia recognizes both fault and no-fault grounds for divorce. There are basically two ways a divorce can proceed:
- Uncontested: When the parties agree on divorcing, and all of the peripheral issues, including the equitable division of marital assets, such as homes, autos, bank accounts and retirement savings, child custody, child support, visitation and alimony (also known as spousal support), have also been resolved by agreement of the parties. An uncontested divorce is relatively simple, but still requires strict adherence to statutory guidelines. Realistically, we can have you through the entire process and ready to move on with your new life in as few as 45 days.
- Contested: When one of the parties contests — or disagrees with — any of the provisions in a divorce, including the proposed property division or child custody arrangements, it is called a contested divorce. The process of resolving a contested divorce takes longer, but rest assured that we will provide exceptional representation and minimize the stress on you by acting promptly in responding to the actions of an opposing party and zealously guarding your interests.
In the event that you and your spouse reach agreement on a divorce settlement, as often happens in a case that begins amid controversy, a contested divorce proceeding can be transformed into an uncontested divorce, achieving corresponding savings in time and cost. We build consensus when possible and have nearly 30 years of experience that we use in helping divorcing couples successfully move on with their lives.
Contact Us Today To Bring The Law To Your Door ©
We know that you need more than just any lawyer. You need a lawyer with experience, one who is accessible, and one who gives you high value for your dollar. Contact the Teiger Law Center, P.C., today to discuss your divorce. Send us an email, call us at 866-726-2153 or reach us locally at 800-780-2275.