Elder Law: We Are Here To Help Protect Your Loved Ones
As part of estate planning, powers of attorney and health care directives, protect your interests in the event that you are unable to represent yourself. These documents, as well as wills and trusts, clearly and legally state your wishes regarding caregiver/guardianship directives, end-of-life issues, distribution of assets.
A Local Firm Focused On You And Your Family
Our team at Teiger Law Center, P.C., brings years of experience in dealing with the delicate balance of ensuring our aging clients’ rights and well-being. We will aggressively protect your rights when needed and will step in to guide your appointed caregiver if the need for one arises:
- Special needs trusts protect those with disabilities by legally separating certain assets, such as gifts and lawsuit settlements, from ordinary income, thus ensuring continuation of benefits through government programs.
- Guardianship advocacy weighs concerns about ability to function independently with an individual’s right to make reasoned decisions for himself or herself.
- Medicaid planning is necessary for smooth transition from Medicare to government medical assistance for those of low income and few assets. Mistakes and inaccuracies can prove costly.
- Long-term care planning offers peace of mind when you need long-term nursing care.
- Nursing home, assisted living: Choosing a nursing home or assisted living facility setting may be the best choice. Find out why.
- Asset preservation planning is vital for seniors concerned about outliving their savings.
- Planning for VA aid attendance eligibility can increase your monthly income by up to $1,949.
- Guardianship litigation is necessary in certain situations. Whether you are considering an intervention or seeking to cancel or change a current guardianship order, we have the expertise and experience to gain a favorable ruling.
- Social Security benefits help bridge financial gaps. The Teiger Law Center specializes in application and appeals for retirement, Medicare, disability, family or survivor benefits.
- Medicare benefits pay for acute care such as hospitalization, physicians, treatment and medical equipment.
A Team Of Lawyers Committed To Serving Clients Facing Long-Term Care And Elder Law Issues
To discuss your concerns with our team of attorneys and professionals, contact us at our Alpharetta or Cumming, Georgia, law offices. Call 678-374-7645, toll-free at 800-780-2275 or take a moment to complete our online contact form. We regularly work with clients across the Atlanta metro and northern Georgia.